We hope everyone is looking forward to a fun, and eventful summer break!
We have put together a summer reading list which we hope will be of benefit to those who are seeking to strengthen their reading skills, while enjoy their vacations. This list has been put together with a particular attention to our high school students, looking to strengthen their reading skills.
Our suggested summer reading list is:
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding
- Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller
- The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
- The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
- 1984 by George Orwell
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
The criteria we have used to come up with a summer reading list is:
- Stories with an engaging plot
- Interesting characters and character development & growth
- Inclusion of key themes on society or reflective of the times
- Light to medium texts that can be read at home, by the beach, or under the shadow of the sun under a tree
- Mix of humour, romance and thrill
We hope you will benefit and enjoy these novels as you take time off, go on vacation or stay at home relaxing. Happy summer everyone!